Friday, March 20, 2015

The Card Back Design


I'm very much enamored with this as the card back design, although the temptation to "do things" to is hard to resist. I wasted a lot of time trying to distress it up -- but the image is complex enough without all that faux aging turning it into a pile of mud. The lineart just doesn't bear all that extra dicking around. In the end, I settled for darkening the edges very, very slightly. It could stand a little more of that, IMHO. But -- it kind of doesn't matter what I do to the thing: People are going to be able to change it out and customize the card back any way they want (including this design in different colors: a burgundy or a deep blue might be nice), so at this point my best bet is to just let it speak for itself and move on...

--Frede.
www.tarotbyducksoup.com
www.ducksoup.me